I’ve started getting to grips with the new ASP.NET 5 project system and during the course of this process I’ve encountered a few glitches. This time a project I downloaded based on earlier beta3 code wouldn’t run for me in the browser. I found the solution to this issue in this article.
The project (eventually) compiled fine but when it tried to load it up in IIS Express I got this error:
Couldn't determine an appropriate version of KRE to run
I didn’t dig deep enough to figure out what underlying setting this affected but I solved it by simply doing the following:
- In the Solution Explorer, right click the project in question
Properties(at the bottom of the list)
Use specific DNX version
- Tell it exactly which one you want to use, for me that was
- Close the properties window and it will automatically save the new preference
The project then ran in the browser for me.