When converting a project from C# to VB I ran into this compiler error which stopped me in my tracks for about 15 minutes. Just when I gave up and decided to rebuild the page by hand inspiration hit and I found my solution...
SOLVED: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System' - are you missing an assembly reference?
Posted on: Monday, 12 April 2010 18:04
This problem has been cropping up a lot recently - projects will complain of missing namespace's when I open them up and attempt to compile the first time. If this has happened to you then read on for a simple fix.
Posted on: Friday, 9 April 2010 18:15
When working on a project recently I got an error that complained the assembly's manifest definition did not match the assembly reference. Read on to discover my simple fix.
Posted on: Thursday, 8 April 2010 18:10
This article explains how to implement a sub application such as a blog in your website without experiencing dependency issues. A common problem that developers experience is when their sub applications accidentally inherit requirements of the parent website. This is actually by design but read on if this is causing problems in your site.
Posted on: Wednesday, 7 April 2010 19:47
This article covers an edge case you might have encountered when using the inheritInChildApplications attribute with a web site hosted on IIS7 and provides two possible solutions to your problem.