SOLVED - 'srcDomainMulti' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level

Posted on: Saturday, 17 April 2010 13:28

When converting a project from C# to VB I ran into this compiler error which stopped me in my tracks for about 15 minutes. Just when I gave up and decided to rebuild the page by hand inspiration hit and I found my solution...

SOLVED: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System' - are you missing an assembly reference?

Posted on: Monday, 12 April 2010 18:04

This problem has been cropping up a lot recently - projects will complain of missing namespace's when I open them up and attempt to compile the first time. If this has happened to you then read on for a simple fix.

SOLVED: The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference

Posted on: Friday, 9 April 2010 18:15

When working on a project recently I got an error that complained the assembly's manifest definition did not match the assembly reference. Read on to discover my simple fix.

SOLVED: Breaking parent web.config dependencies in sub applications

Posted on: Thursday, 8 April 2010 18:10

This article explains how to implement a sub application such as a blog in your website without experiencing dependency issues. A common problem that developers experience is when their sub applications accidentally inherit requirements of the parent website. This is actually by design but read on if this is causing problems in your site.

SOLVED: IIS7, validateIntegratedModeConfiguration and inheritInChildApplications clash

Posted on: Wednesday, 7 April 2010 19:47

This article covers an edge case you might have encountered when using the inheritInChildApplications attribute with a web site hosted on IIS7 and provides two possible solutions to your problem.

Tracking scroll depth to reveal content engagement in Google Analytics

Posted on: Saturday, 20 March 2010 19:45

This article investigates a way to track content engagement on your site. By monitoring how far down the page a visitor to your site travels and then recording the data in Google Analytics you can discover how many of your visitors are reading your content all the way to the end.

SOLVED: Error 1 Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks

Posted on: Thursday, 11 March 2010 00:30

This is a simple looking error message that is deceptively hard to track down. Thankfully if you're having this problem then this article should get you back on track without spending hours scratching your head.

SOLVED: Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase'

Posted on: Wednesday, 3 March 2010 20:23

Getting problems when you upload your Ajax Control Toolkit powered website up to your server? Read on for a quick and easy solution!


If you have added some of the Ajax Control Toolkit extenders into your website you will have probably tested them out on your local dev computer and marvelled at how easy it was to add some impressive eye candy to your site. Then, just when you think your work is done for the day and its time to put your new creation online you are hit with an error:

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Well you don't need to worry too much because this time it is a really simple fix.

SOLVED: "Visual Studio setup cannot run in compatibility mode." error when attempting to uninstall Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2

Posted on: Friday, 19 February 2010 16:21

If you are having problems upgrading from Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 to Release Candidate (RC1) then hopefully this will get you back on your way.

SOLVED: Error 1053 / EventType clr20r3 when trying to start a Windows Service

Posted on: Saturday, 6 February 2010 20:43

If you have seen errors when trying to deploy your Windows Service that have error 1053 and cryptic codes starting with EventType clr20r3 in your Event Log then this is your solution!