Just updating a website and wanted the Christmas hours panel to automatically hide themselves after the holiday season but got tripped up by this misleading compilation error.
Monday, 15 December 2014
Friday, 12 December 2014
A cautionary tale, always be careful with your DateTime manipulations (or how I showed the Internet I was an idiot)
A couple of silly mistakes I made while working with `DateTime` object manipulations. Its a short read and hopefully you will remember my folly the next time you need to tweak your dates.
Thursday, 11 December 2014
I just got double tricked by an asp.net website error but if you are seeing this error along with a couple more similar ones then I can help to make them go away…
Wednesday, 3 December 2014
While working on a new feature for a Chrome extension I’m building I created this sample which allows you to add in a slide up footer panel which has its content contained with a scrollbar.
Tuesday, 18 November 2014
While following a tutorial I got the error that GetUserId() didn't exist. Right clicking to refactor the reference in didn’t come up with any suggestions. Luckily it wasn’t too tricky to solve…
Wednesday, 1 October 2014
I have just released v1.0 of Bulk Page Stub Creator. It is a WordPress admin plugin that lets you bulk create page stubs by providing a batch of page titles and slugs.
It is a simple plugin; it gives you a text input form and on the first line you type the page title, on the second line you type the slug. Then you repeat the process for as many pages that you want to create.
When you press the Create page stubs page it will automatically create all of the stubs for you.
Read more information and download it at:
Sunday, 28 September 2014
I just published my first extension on the Chrome Web Store but every time I tried to upload the finished article I kept getting the same error: “Failed to process your item”. This is how I solved it.
Thursday, 25 September 2014
I’ve just started doing some serious development with Orchard CMS and one of the best learning tools is to take other peoples modules, rip them apart and investigate their source code. The first hurdle I came across was being able to easily extract them with WinRAR.